Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fatigue and Fun and fffffff

I am sorry I did not get a post up yesterday.  I have been pushing too hard for too long and went to bed with a migraine.


Better today after some rest and caffeine so I'm back to catch up on what Little Miss has been up to.


 Yesterday we started off with Sunday school...coloring and writing her name was evidently much more fun than being with Mama as she decidedly told me she was staying with Miss Jessica for the second hour.


 I love how well she is starting to express her desires.  After lunch (little piglet yesterday!) we went to a first birthday party for a couple of adorable twin girls.  Little Laurin is special to Reagan because she also had open heart surgery halfway through her first year.  Reagan and I were at the hospital for her surgery and believe me Reagan understood somehow in her sweet little soul what was going on and she has been very attached to Laurin ever since.


 At the party she jumped in the bounce house which is a pretty big deal since up till 3 months ago she was too scared because of her lack of balance.  Then of course what is a birthday party without CAKE.  I would be remiss if I failed to mention that Cadence designed this cake.


 Reagan did her part by declaring it "nice" and "pink" and eating a big piece.  Today when I picked her up from school I had a nice chat with her speech therapist on how she is doing, which of course is "really well"...but she told me that Reagan needs to start working on not dropping fff's and sss's which is true.  The interesting thing is that she told me those sounds are the hardest for those with hearing impairment from....drumroll please...fluid in their ears.  Which explains why some of her articulation comes and goes.  So we will be determined in our attempt with oils to keep it drained...and schedule a visit to ENT and audiology to see where she is with that fluid.



No comments: