Friday, October 28, 2011

Scenes from Vacation

We've been on vacation for the last three days (okay since Monday, but only gone the last three days), and now we are home!  I have managed to keep up with posting while we were off on our family adventures, but I have missed reading all my favorite blogs, so I'm excited to be able to catch up :)  I've tried to have something worthwhile to say even if it is small and everybody has been so sweet with their comments!  As I look through pictures to share of our adventure packed three days I thought I didn't really have anything to say...and then I realized there is something to point out here (other than adorable little girls that is).  Note that in the last three days we have:

Toured a mission
Flown kites on the beach


Explored our way down to the Oceanside Pier


Roasted marshmallows and enjoyed s'mores
Hiked around a lagoon


Kayaked
Built sand castles
Explored tied pools


Spent the day at Legoland
 

All in three days.  The point?  Down syndrome didn't hold us back at all!  Sometimes when you get the diagnosis of Down syndrome you might feel like everything is going to change and you won't be able to do the things you used to or are hoping to do.  Look at that list....pretty normal!  We did all the things I've been hoping to do with the girls since they were born.  And I can't wait till Reagan is bigger so she can participate even more!  Life with Down syndrome is pretty normal and pretty great!

No comments: