Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Let Us Love One Another

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God"

 I have seen, over and over since Reagan's birth, the love of God through the love and compassion of those who love God.  We are wading into scary and foreign territory with Reagan's heart and her feeding and (despite my optimistic post last week) her lack of weight gain.  She is failing at the moment.  Not rapidly, but noticeably, and she does not have an appointment set up to be seen by a cardiologist at the moment (more on that fiasco later).


 We saw her pediatrician yesterday and got the expected news that we need to start fortifying Reagan's milk.  That means me pumping.  This is something that I have been unsuccessful at to date.  So I have been scared and discouraged and frustrated.  Needing to find a pump that will work for me.  Wondering how that would work financially because even renting requires a bit of money up front.  Discouraged that it has come to this.  Scared that it will not work and she will have to go to formula and I will lose the ability to continue breastfeeding her which is so critically important for her physically and developmentally.  And so I sent up a quick prayer and started calling people and sending e-mails.  And God's people have been there for me.  Thank You God for sending us to a pediatrician who really listens and works for us even to the point of calling hours later trying to come up with help for our lack of insurance.  And for Susanna who after a wonderful conversation I can now truly call a friend.  Thank you dear friend for the advise and sharing!  And for Sarah who found me a pump to use, and to her  friend for letting me use it.  And for Michelle and Jessica for helping me think through problems and for my Mom who is always my mental organizer when I can't think what to do next.  See how many people are God's hands just for one little feeding problem.
 See Little Reagan how incredibly loved and blessed we are!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Oh Mommy!! I'm thinking of you and sending prayers your way(Hugs). She's holding her head so beautifully in that second picture. So adorable. Good luck.